Friday 26 October 2012

Woah! We're going to Ibiza!

So...my little Eurotrip, just off my trip to the UK, was going amazingly.  I'd had 3 super days in Amsterdam showing my friend around (it was her first time - my third).  We'd then headed on to Barcelona and now, here we were at Barcelona El Prat airport, waiting to catch out plane to Ibiza.  If I am very honest, I wasn't dying with excitement, as I was literally picturing myself not eating anything for 4 days, and going all the way to this island and not being able to do any partying, as I'd been told by so many people that it was the most expensive place on Earth.  Anyway, we had managed to get the flights for 20 quid each way, so I was going, even if it was just to tick the box.

Once my friend and I boarded the plane, much to our relief, as we were convinced the ever un-friendly Ryanair staff were going to say our bags were to big, we took off and were set for our island adventure.  The flight lasted about 40 minutes and on landing, I was already surprised at how awesome the island looked.  We went to the information desk to try and figure out how to get from the airport to our hotel.  I saw a sign that said ''hotel transfer, 50 euros''.  I went cold - that was half my budget.  How was I going to do this?? The lady then told us though that their was a bus we could take, for 3 euros!!  I couldn't believe it.  We got on the bus, which was packed.  Felt like real rural travelling.  On the way, we passed a McDonalds.  Okay, I thought, this can't be too bad, I can always survive on McDonalds for a few days.  When we got off at our stop, we were a 10 minute walk from where we were staying, so we peaked into some shops on the way.  Too my surprise, I was seeing food for way cheaper than the other European cities!  I was shocked...

Our hotel was awesome, it had a huge pool, which was surrounded by sun lounges.  Our room was cozy with a fridge and airconditioning.  My friend and I were starving, so we went to the restaurant next door.  I managed to get myself a bowl of tortellini pasta, as well as a cider for just 8 euros!  Stoked...

The next day we took the 20 minute walk down to Ibiza Town where all the shops were located.  The only negative thing I could say about this part of town was that a lot of the shop attendants tried to rip me off with change, trying to give me back incorrect amounts of money.  Luckily though I was on such a tight budget that I realized this everytime.  After Ibiza Town, I went back to the hotel with my stacks of British gossip magazines and lay by the pool for house, jumping into the water every once in a while to cool off.

On the Sunday night, we headed town to Playa den Bossa, to check out the Bora Bora beach party.  I couldn't believe my eyes when we got there.  Thousands of people everywhere, all partying it up on the beach front, drinks flowing, music booming and just the most amazing feeling being there!!  We stayed a little while then went out for dinner on the busy main street of Bossa.  This head to be the worst meal I'd had so far though...Club sandwhich aka cardboard and cheese :/

On the Monday, our second last day, we managed, through a very kind friend, to get on the door of Space Ibiza night club.  I was soooo excited, I think this is anyone who has ever been to a club's dream.  We hoped in a cab and as we got out the cab and I looked up, an aeroplane came swooping overhead (the airport was very close by), it was an amazing feeling to be standing there ready to go in!  We got inside, and I was pleasantly surprised by the level of security in the place!!  We headed to the dancefloor (this is where Ibiza can be accused of being out-of-control expensive, a single vodka/coke was 15 euros!).  I really had a fantastic night!! Whilst I did sort of felt like I had listened to the same song the whole night, I danced like crazy truly had an amazing time.

Besides the amazing party vibe and lying in the sun - the island really is just so beautiful.  The beaches are the picture of beauty and the views are phenominal.  I really do feel like this island holds a piece of my heart now and I was very sad when we had to leave!!  I definately know though that this is one place where I will definately be back, and soon!







1 comment:

  1. Wow! You guys are so lucky to have experienced luxury holiday spree in Ibiza. Your itineraries are well planned, making your holiday break a success.

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for taking the time to read about my travels :) Please leave a comment with your thoughts.