Friday 26 October 2012

Home again...

All I wanted, every second of every day for a year and a half, was to go home.  Home, being London.  I truly believe that home is where the heart is, and from my first time of setting foot in London, I knew that this was home for me.  So, when the day finally came for me to finally go back, I actually couldn't believe it.  It was not until I landed at Heathrow, and the cabin crew said ''ladies and gentlemen, welcome to London'', that I cried like a baby.  I was convinced that I wasn't going to make it though immigration for some reason, but they went really easy on me.  I got my bags, hopped on the tube and headed for Russell Square.  On coming out of the tube station, I got incredibly emotional once again.  It was the wierdest feeling walking these streets once again.  I headed straight to the Generator, my second home, where I was re-united with my lovely friend Lisa.  I also got to see some other old friends from the Gen, which was amazing!  That night I went back to my favourite restaurant, Wetherspoons, and had my favourite meal, nachos as well as my first freshly poured Strongbow cider.  Amazingness!!  Throughout my trip, I went to various different places which I had missed dearly, like Kensington Gardens, the Cath Kidston shop in Sloan Square, Victoria Station, Oxford Street, Little Venice, Leytonstone and Stratford Centre.  I realised though that there are many things I miss, that you can't get back just on a holiday, like convenience (being able to get KFC in an ad break or the post office being a 30 second walk away), or safety - being able to walk home from my night bus stop at 4am with my iPod on blast.  Or night buses, meaning i never worried about drink driving.
This trip did help provide me with a little bit of closure, helped me to accept a little bit more that its not meant to be - for now.  I will never give up hope that I will move over permanantly one day.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for taking the time to read about my travels :) Please leave a comment with your thoughts.