Friday 16 December 2011

Some of my ''I can't believe I am actually seeing this'' travel moments!

As I traveller, someone who lives to travel and who's whole world is about travelling, I have a few memories whilst travelling of stopping and thinking ''I am so lucky to be seeing this right now'' and ''I can't believe I am experiencing this''.  So I thought I would share some of them with you.

1.  Sydney Opera House, Australia


After a long morning taking a train from my friends house in Mount Evelyn to Melbourne City Centre, from there the SkyBus to Melbourne Airport, waiting 4 hours for my delayed flight to Sydney and then the flight from Melbourne to Sydney, I was pretty tired by the time I got onto the train from Sydney Airport to the city centre. So I found a chair in a quiet area of the train and lay my head against the window, half dozing.  About 10 minutes into the journey something made me look up.  And there, right in front of me, was the Sydney Opera House!  It is a landmark I have wanted to see pretty much my whole life and was just so excited to be standing in front of it, I actually got all teary-eyed.  What a beautiful sight!



2. My First Kangaroo and Koala!!

There are 2 things which I really wanted to see whilst in Australia, a Kangaroo and a koala.  I was fortunate enough to see kangaroos at Melbourne Zoo, Australia Zoo as well as roaming the streets randomly in Queensland!  I even got to eat some kangaroo meet at my Aussie BBQ birthday bash and it is delicious!!  I got to hold a koala at Australia Zoo, Queensland which was a very special experience.




3.  Manchester United Stadium, Manchester England

Although I'm not a big sports fan at all, I figured a visit to Manchester would not be complete without a visit to Old Trafford to see the Manchester United Stadium.  It is huge!!!




4. Loch Ness, Scotland


This has to be one of the most breathtaking views in the world!  The whole drive from Glasgow to Loch Ness I had my face right up against the bus window just trying to take it all in.




5. Loch Lomond, Scotland

Not far behind Loch Ness in the beauty department, Loch Lomond also took my breath away!  So much so that I returned the following year to see it all again.  





6. FatBoySlim

International artists coming to visit South Africa as a rare occurance, so when I was invited to see FatBoySlim by my good friend Lisa, I was pretty stoked.  It was at one of London's most popular annual festivals, SW4.  Also playing was Carl Cox, who was also awesome as well as Armand van Helden.  It poured with rain, but we still pushed our way right to the front till we were bare metres away from FatBoy himself.  This day definately goes down as one of the best days of my life!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for taking the time to read about my travels :) Please leave a comment with your thoughts.